Please do not use any shipping method that requires our signature. This may result in your package being returned because we were unable to sign for it.
Generally shipping is the greatest time factor in the repair process. We have found that Priority Mail is usually faster than UPS when shipping a long distance. UPS provides free package tracking via an 800 number or on the internet at www.ups.com. Both the postal service and UPS deliver packages daily.
Damage caused in shipping due to improper packaging can significantly increase the total cost of your repair! Please be careful to pack your instrument(s) according to the following guidelines. You should also click on your manufacturer's link to the left to see if there is specific information for your model.
All packages must contain the following information or your repair may be delayed:
• Business card (if available)
• Shipping address
• Daytime and cell telephone numbers
• Payment information or a check to cover the estimated cost PLUS shipping
• A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM OR REQUESTED SERVICE
We have provided a shipping form which you can complete, then print out and send along with your packaged instrument. This will help to ensure that we have all of the required information in order to undertake your repair.
Please observe the following packaging instructions, refined from many years of receiving delicate instruments via the mail and shipping companies.
• Use a sturdy cardboard box a reasonable size larger than the unit. Avoid using
• If a small box the size of the unit is available, it is a good idea to double box the
• Place the unit in a plastic bag to keep packing materials from getting inside it.
• Preferred packing materials are bubble-wrap, foam packing chips or crushed-up
plastic grocery bags.
The most sensitive parts of the speedometer are the needle, the shaft in the center of the face plate and the circuit board. If possible, do not permit packing materials to press against the face plate. We suggest that you tape a plastic bowl over the face or a band of cardboard around the unit.
If you wish to discuss any questions you have about packaging or shipping your instrument to Overseas Speedometer, please do not hesitate to call or email me personally.
— Rick Borth